The Cost of Cloth 4

I mentioned in the last update that I was looking for some covers. Here's a lesson in thriftiness I have now learned.

From a local store that I frequent:
1 new small Bummis Super Brite (blue) +
1 new small Bummis Super Whisper Wrap (frogs) +
1 new medium Bummis Super Whisper Wrap (white) = $35.08
I can't find my receipt and thus don't have the exact itemized break-down. I did save on shipping by getting them at the store and saved 10% by placing a special order.

From a mom at a diaper chat I attended last week:
1 used medium Bummis Super Whisper Wrap (white) =$7.00
You can't even tell it's been used other than the tag is a little faded and it's no longer bright white. Guess who won't be buying new covers in the future.

Up to date cost of cloth = $461.84

2 comments:

Hi! I just saw your guest post on Babycheapskate and wanted to say hi to a fellow Houstonian!

I noticed that in your post that you went to the local diaper chat, and I instantly knew that it must be Y&R! That's where I consign the dipes that my daughter grows out of. I love that store! :)

You did a great job representing the start of cloth!

July 22, 2008 at 1:10 PM  

Hi E.B.! Thanks for your note back on my blog ;)

You know, my daughter had LOTS of blowouts with 'sposies - and DH stayed home with her for her first 10 months while I went back to work, so you'd think he would be willing to find something that didn't blow out!? :) I'm wondering if he is picturing the dipes of our mothers' generation: swish, dunk, gag! :P He's not the one who would be using them primarily, it would be me. And I'm home all the time so washing/laundry would not be an issue. :)

I can pray, right? :)

July 23, 2008 at 6:17 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home